Friday, May 20, 2011

18th Birthday Summary (Better late than never...)

Wrote this on my birthday.  Finally put the finishing touches on it.  Better late than never, right?  Here is my online journal of my 18th birthday:


I was awakened at 7:30 a.m. to the sound of Mom, Dad, Andrew, and Ben parading into my room singing Happy Birthday.  I might have been a little upset at their hour of choice if Mom hadn't promptly handed me a little gift bag containing my new friend:




Mom, Lindsey, Susan, and I went to Lakeside Tavern and had lunch on the patio.  Half of me was in the sun and the other half wasn't so, if you notice that one of my arms is tanner than the other, feel free to laugh.  I laughed too.  


 Susan gave me THE most gorgeous roses I have EVER seen.  Love them SO much!


I was excited to try creme brule for the first time ever.  It was yummy...ish. 


 Lindsey brought me beautiful flowers too! Thanks, Sister!



(Here is the birthday girl and the woman who's tailbone she broke 18 years ago.  Even though I had no control over that Mom, I still feel guilty.)






After lunch Mom and I activated my phone and headed to the DMV.  I cannot tell you how sad I am that we waited and waited and waited and I had to leave before they called my number.  I am not disappointed because I now have to return to the DMV and wait again, I am disappointed because I was having a good hair day and my picture would have been cute.  Shallow? Maybe.  


Despite my cute hair, I had to leave so this one wouldn't be left at her bus stop all alone:






Of course Dru wanted to take pictures too:






Having already gone out for a meal (and because I have a new found passion for parks) I decided I wanted to get subs and go to Concord park for a picnic.  I was way more excited about it than anyone else, but they played along well.







What a fun day full of blessings from people that I love.  One of my favorite gifts of the day was this passage from Jesus:

Psalm 16:11 (NET Bible)


You lead me in the path of life;
I experience absolute joy in Your presence;
You always give me sheer delight.  

Today with thankfulness rising in my heart I look back over the way Jesus has led me in the path of life.  I have experienced absolute joy in His presence.  He always gives me sheer delight. Circumstances in my life have not always been delightful, and I will surely face trials in the future, but without fail, His presence has always given me sheer delight.  Faithful and true, He has never stopped loving me.  I am so looking forward to how He will lead me in the path of life over the years to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment